The MWSCAS 2018 technical program will include Tutorials to be held on the first day of the symposium. MWSCAS 2018 seeks proposals for full/half-day tutorials that present current topics in circuits and systems related research and development. We are interested in tutorials on established or emerging research topics within the field itself, but we also welcome tutorials from related research fields or application areas. The ideal tutorial should attract a wide audience, be broad enough to provide a gentle introduction to the chosen research area, and should also cover the most important contributions in depth.
Brief proposals for tutorials should be submitted by May 1st, 2018. Please submit proposals (approximately 3 pages) in pdf format by email to the Tutorial Chair, Esam Abdel Raheem: firstname.lastname@example.org
The three-page tutorial proposal should contain the following information:
- Title and abstract: Propose a title and an abstract that allows conference attendees to quickly and accurately understand the subject matter of the tutorial.
- Motivation and Focus: Explain why your topic is important to the MWSCAS community and what you hope the participants will learn by attending your tutorial. In this section, please provide a syllabus outlining the content of the tutorial and the learning outcomes. This syllabus should be realistic, given the time available.
- List of speakers: This is in addition to the tutorial organizers. Some tutorials may feature several speakers that should be advertised, but it is not necessary, nor a requirement. Tutorials should not become de facto mini-symposia with many speakers. If you plan to have multiple speakers, please provide their names and affiliations and clearly describe the part of the tutorial that they will cover.
- Basic structure of the Tutorial: In this section, please describe your use of the time available. (e.g., morning lectures: fundamentals and case studies; afternoon panel discussion or brain-storming sessions, etc.).
- A two-page CV of the presenter(s)